I really enjoyed looking at the toys and the luggage the most. I think that buying some modern day luggage and aging it may be a good idea for a prop. I’m going to look through my research in my sketchbook and do more on these areas tonight and decide from that.
Thursday, 20 October 2011
Hereford Museum Resource Visit!
Whilst in Hereford, I arranged a meeting at the Hereford Museum Resource and Learning Centre for research, to look at their collection of early 1900 civilian paraphernalia. I spoke to Althea, one of the in house historians who took me through bits she felt were the most relevant for what I was looking for and gave me a brief description about them. They keep all of the items in a temperature controlled room full of rolling drawers and boxes full of tissue paper so I was given gloves so that I could handle the objects freely without worrying about damaging them. I felt this suited me alot more than a normal museum as I am a very tactile person and I found for making believable replicas a sense of how they feel helps that.
I really enjoyed looking at the toys and the luggage the most. I think that buying some modern day luggage and aging it may be a good idea for a prop. I’m going to look through my research in my sketchbook and do more on these areas tonight and decide from that.
I really enjoyed looking at the toys and the luggage the most. I think that buying some modern day luggage and aging it may be a good idea for a prop. I’m going to look through my research in my sketchbook and do more on these areas tonight and decide from that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment