I went to the costume museum in my home town for research and talked to the historian. I have taken some very interesting pictures from their collection and it has helped me to decide what I want to do for my project.
I have decided, to go along with my already chosen gas mask, bread, cheese and Tommy helmets, I will make a kerosene hurricane lamp and a 1903 child’s, ‘Schoenhut Circus clown’ doll. I have singled out the separate element s that make up my desired props and have made possible list of things to find whilst shopping tomorrow.
Clown-Head, hands and feet (wood), outfit (fabric, stuffing and paint), face (clay and paint) and ears (pom-poms)
Lamp- Chimney (glass/ vase), base (tin/s), wick (thick rope) and hands etc. (wire and card)
Gas mask- Mask (fabric, paint, straps), eyes (plastic/card, bottle), Pipe (Vacuum hose, fabric) and respirator tin (cans/tins)
Now I have decided exactly what I am making I have been working into my sketchbook and have narrowed the information and research to focus on the appropriate parts.
I have drawn up some quick working drawings and sketches to get an idea of how and what I may use to make them.
No comments:
Post a Comment