The polystyrene base has come out really well. I am covering it in a filler coating and then painting it to get the look needed to make it period appropriate and match in with my other props. Because of the size of the vase I have realised that compared to my research my final prop will be some what bigger than the original, and closer to the size of a wall mounted hurricane lamp. However the proportions of the item will not suffer as all the other elements will be scaled up appropriately to ensure that it doesn't look odd.
I also printed up my clown fabric today using masking tape to rule out the stripes and ensure I got a clean edge and then blotted each square with blue or red paint. I am going to age the fabric once I have cut the pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment