Monday, 31 October 2011

GAS MASK DONE!


Today after my scenic arts class I managed to quickly get my sardine tins painted with the Covent Garden primer so that I could paint the tins so as I could finish my gas mask. I then took some hard grain sandpaper to create scuffing and scratches that I would later pick up with paint.


Next I added in a piece of foam and cardboard to the top tin to seal it off and cut a hole in both to slot the base of the pipe into.

I then painted the base layer in a dark brown first, and then added on bits of some gold/copper and some dents with a hammer.

Once I had done that I attached the finished pipe into the hole and glued it in place. I then checked over the whole gas mask checking that the aging is appropriate and even, touching up in places and my mask is done!

I am very pleased with the way that it has come out, although it is not an exact replica of the WW1 English small respirator canister gas masks and I had issues at time which meant I strayed from the original in places it looks really good for my first try at props and I would be more than happy to see it in a scene even if it wouldn’t be able to be used as a functional one.






Yay finished Gas mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment