For our summer project we had to create a 2 page A3 magazine spread of a journalists visit to a farm house in Flanders during the First World War. The spread had to be presented in the style of magazine such as ‘Life’ and ‘Picture Post’. From this criteria I decided to give my magazine the name Past as the name was included in all the research spreads I could find of these magazines.
I then did lots of research into the conditions of the villages in Flanders, deciding to base my story around a farmhouse in Ypres one of the worst hit and most document areas. I also looked at the people and their clothing of the time and the general look of the artefacts that could be found in their house. As my research went on I built up a background story to my family and looked into the general emotions and personal effect the war had on people at that time.
Below is the finished image of my magazine spread.
Below is the finished image of my magazine spread.
![]() |
| My final magazine spread |
To go along with this two page spread we had to create a research journal that showed all the information and images that we had gathered to create the most accurate magazine spread possible.
I enjoy this as a task and was very pleased with the outcome of my magazine spread especially as I had never done one before.
![]() |
| Photoshoping the image |


No comments:
Post a Comment